Baier Law Firm was founded to deliver personalized, sophisticated legal services in the new economy, where there is a renewed emphasis on experience and efficiency.
With over 25 years of financial and legal experience, John Baier represents clients in a variety of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial agreements, private debt and equity offerings, venture finance and strategic investment transactions. John also advises and represents clients in commercial disputes.
Prior to founding Baier Law Firm, John worked in the Corporate Finance Department of Davis Wright Tremaine. Prior to his legal career, John was a CPA and financial auditor at Ernst & Young, and a financial analyst at a Seattle hedge fund-of-funds, now owned by BlackRock.
John was selected to “Washington Rising Stars,” published by Washington Law & Politics, in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.
Selected Transaction Experience
- Represented a Fortune 100 software company in the negotiating and drafting license agreements.
- Represented a privately held company in the restructuring of approximately $1.5 billion of senior debt consisting of senior notes and domestic and European credit facilities.
- Represented a Fortune 100 pharmaceutical company in the disposition of one of its business lines.
- Represented a large insurance company in the sale of one of its subsidiaries.
- Represented Little Hotties Warmers in the sale of its hand and foot warmer business to Implus Footcare LLC.
- Represented a medical products manufacturer in its acquisition by a Fortune 500 strategic purchaser.
- Represented a U.S. private equity firm in its portfolio company acquisitions.
- Represented a company specializing in cable life extension technology for the utility market in raising Series C financing.
- Represented a publicly held foreign company in multiple Series A financings of U.S. gaming companies.
- Represented a local venture capital firm in its debt and equity financing of a telecommunications portfolio company.
- Represented Design Clinicals, Inc., a health care information technology company, in raising Series A financing.
Selected Litigation Experience
- Represented multiple plaintiffs in a multi-million dollar securities fraud case.
- Represented a defendant in a $60 million securities fraud case.
- Represented a plaintiff in a $70 million accounting fraud case.
- Represented a plaintiff in a multi-million dollar insurance bad faith claim.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in various real estate and contract disputes.
- Davis Wright Tremaine, Corporate Finance
- Karr Tuttle Campbell, Finance and Litigation
- Washington State Attorney General’s Office, Public Counsel Section, Law Clerk
- Quellos Group, Financial and Operations Principal/Senior Financial Analyst
- Ernst & Young, Audit Senior
Professional & Community Activities
- King County Bar Association
- Pierce County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Conflict Panel, Pierce County Department of Assigned Counsel
- King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinic Volunteer
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust, Board Member, 2006-2018
- Selected to “Washington Rising Stars,” Washington Law & Politics, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
J.D., Seattle University School of Law, cum laude
- Law Review, Business Editor
- Presidential Scholarship, 3 years
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Board Co-chairman
- William L. Dwyer – American Inn of Court
B.A., Business Administration, Accounting, University of Washington
U.S. District Court Western District of Washington
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Washington
U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
Private Pilot – Single Engine Land